DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE STARTS HERE.
- Fair pay for all – As well as paying everyone at least the ‘Real Living Wage Foundation’ rate of £10.90 per hour, we reward your loyalty and experience too; for your second and third season, we’ll add an additional 25p
- Working an average of 40 hours per week over 5 days with the opportunity for voluntary paid overtime at specified times, particularly during our busy periods
- Home away from home - An accommodation & meal packages available (optional) at a generous rate with zero charge for bills or utilities. If you want to take advantage of our ‘live on’ option and therefore flexible on location, you do not need to make multiple applications. Simply let us know the locations you are interested in when completing your application form
- Fixed term contract with flexible end date up until early November 2024
- Roles commence in EARLY 2024
Say NO to normal and YES to a job that offers outdoor adventure, friendship, fantastic earning potential and real career development.
In this unique role as an Activity Instructor / Group Leader for PGL, you’ll be delivering a range of fun & adventurous activities from archery & abseiling to zooming on zip wires, organising evening entertainment, being the group’s main point of contact and everything in-between. You’ll be enriching the lives of young people by instilling a love of adventure and the great outdoors, encouraging independence and empowering them to achieve amazing things in the future. You’ll also be supporting our hospitality team, which could involve assisting in catering, housekeeping or retail. No two days will ever be the same!
PGL is renowned for its investment in people. We’ll support you in achieving your goals, including all the training you need to be confident in your role, a personal development plan, and nationally recognised qualifications funded by PGL to give your career the very best start.
IS THIS YOU?
- A confident, engaging and playful personality who can find the fun in every situation
- Loves being active in the outdoors or has a passion for sport & leisure – this is a demanding role so you will need a reasonable level of fitness
- Ideally you will have experience of interacting with children, such as being involved with scouts/guides/cadet groups, coaching sports teams, helping out at youth groups or caring for younger family members
We are renowned for our personal development & investment in people,
we are ready to support you in your career development, each step of the way!
You’ll have all the training you need to be confident and successful in your
role, be equipped with a personal development plan, and access to nationally
recognised qualifications funded by PGL to give your career the very best
- Happy holidays - time to recharge and enjoy time away from the workplace. You’ll also enjoy an extra day off on your birthday!
- Investing in your future – with sector leading family friendly policies and a contributory pension
- Good living, for less - access to big savings and exclusive perks that span a huge range of retailers and service providers. Plus PGL discounted holidays and 20% discount in all our on-site shops
- Take care of mind, body and soul - your wellbeing is top priority, so we’ve created a WELLBEING HUB for all our colleagues alongside access to Employee Assistance Program, cycle to work scheme and health cash plans.
- Smart saving, affordable borrowing – access to our financial wellbeing platform for financial support when you need it. This includes easy and affordable saving and borrowing directly from your salary, plus useful guides on how to effectively manage your money.
- Doing good does you good - paid time-off to volunteer your time to worthwhile causes.
For a full Job Description and Personal Specification please click here.
For any enquiries specific to this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PGL is committed to the principles of equality and
diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community. However,
all PGL colleagues are required to undergo enhanced background checks (known as
a DBS), which PGL will pay for. The DBS looks at criminal records, so if you
have a conviction related to violence, drugs or safeguarding this could affect
your application. You can find more information on DBS checks on the gov.uk